Thursday, May 14, 2015

Peas please.

When I was young I had eating issues, I forgot to eat often and even when I did I didn't eat much.  because of this I had a difficult time gaining or keeping weight on. 
Once we were visiting with my Nanny Siler and we stayed for supper.  You have to know that when my father was growing up he was locked out of their food cabinets and refrigerator with padlocks, therefore, he ate anything that was placed before him because he was always hungry.  He never tolerated wasted food very well.
I was fairly young when this visit happened.  Nanny served English peas as part of our supper that night.  I, apparently would not eat them, I can remember by father telling me to eat them or wear them.  I continued to be stubborn and would not eat any.  My father, true to his word, picked up the bowl of peas and poured them over my head.  I remember being so shocked I couldn't even cry or protest but I was not as shocked as my mother. 
Mom got mad, however, because of the mess it caused and not because he followed through with his word.  She got me out of my chair and took me into the bathroom so she could wash my hair.  She washed it all right, hard, she was spitting mad at my dad but my head paid the price.  Needless to say I do not ever remember having food poured over my head again nor ever seeing food poured over the heads  of my sisters either.  I am willing to wager that the conversation between my parents that night was quite interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment