Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Judge

I visited my son at the court house in Elmore County on Monday.  In case you can not tell, he is a Probate Judge.  He looks mighty handsome in those Judges robes doesn't he? 
He is a naturally funny person, he can make you laugh with all his "antics."  He teases and goofs and can see the funny in all things.  He has a great laugh too.  I often shake my head at his silliness and fun but I do so with a smile on my face. 
That is true only at home!
Several months ago I visited his court room while he was hearing a commitment case and was amazed and intimidated by the Judge sitting in that room.  While hearing the trial he looked intense because he was carefully listening to all that was being said.  He takes his responsibility very seriously.  He understands that what action he takes makes a difference in peoples lives.  He brooks no ill, if he asks a question he expects an answer with no run around.  The particular trial I attended he asked a simple question to a witness who tried to skirt it so as to not have any legal responsibility either way in the outcome of the trial and "the Judge" asked the same question multiple times.  When the man clearly was not going to answer the question my son began to ask several questions that were yes or no that ultimately led to a complete response to the original question.  Once the answer was established the witness received a firm lecture on his responsibility in testifying truthfully, promptly and accurately.  By the look on the guys face he felt the censure. 
After the trial we headed out to lunch, some great Mexican food and there was my son, the funny guy that often makes me laugh.
I am proud of all my children.  I have raised three fine individuals who are a credit to me, my husband and my Heavenly Father.  They are all kind, thoughtful, productive people.  I am happy and proud to call each one my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment