Thursday, May 14, 2015

Global pain

I was over at the Grimes' house who lived directly next door to us and we were bored.  Russell, my "cousin", had a broken metal globe sitting in the floor of his room.  The globe was in two halves that were joined together to make the full globe. I began to play with the globe.  There was a small ridge on the half I was playing with.  I had been spinning the metal circle as fast as I could and then watched as it spun wildly to a stop.  I was waiting for Russell to get ready to go outside and play with me.
I spun the globe several times with no ill effects, then I spun the globe one last time.  As is sped around my cousin called that he was ready to go outside and play.  I reached out my hands to stop the globe from spinning; as soon as my left hand touched the spinning metal edge I realized too late it was a mistake.  That metal neatly sliced the flesh between my pointer and middle fingers on my left hand.  It stung like all billy heck and was pretty deep.  Needless to say I went home rather than play.  Just one of my klutz attacks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment