Thursday, May 14, 2015

Chuck the wagon

 
My father brought home a frame one day; it was a trailer frame complete with wheels, tongue, springs, everything needed to build something on that could be pulled along behind a car or truck.  My father and I built a number of things together and so he called me and told me his plan for this frame.  We were going to build a chuck wagon.  My father drew out the plans, bought the wood and paint and we started the project.  We needed a large well for storing the tent, gazebo, lawn chairs and miscellaneous large items; that would take up one full half of the frame.  We needed shelves for food, drawers for clothes, games, toys and hygiene.  We needed a bike rack for our six bicycles or two motorcycles.  in the picture you will find the layout of the "chuck wagon" as my father dubbed it.  We kept the tent, gazebo, lawn chairs, sleeping bags, clothes, hygiene, dishes, toys, games and certain other items in the chuck wagon at all time so we could just leave when we had a hair crosswise.  Only food, bikes or motorcycles would have to be added and they could be put on or in within fifteen minutes or less.  We were always ready for fun!  We kept this chuck wagon for a number of years, we got rid of it when my parents eventually bought a travel tailor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment