Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lego Maniac

One of the most fun memories I have with my boys is LEGOS!  Both of my son's are members of the Lego maniac club along with me.  Well not literally but we sure did spend thousands of hours building with them.  We created so many different cities, vehicles and creatures you cannot possibly imagine.  Both of the boys sat and built with Legos well into their teens, in fact both built with them into their adulthood.  One, who shall remain nameless (WBH) still builds with them in the name of his son.  Bahahaha.  I still build with them with the same excuse.  It is wonderful to have that excuse!  I love being creative, both of my boys have that creative mind and so we have that in common.  At this point I still have all the Legos I bought both boys when they grew up.  I have two huge totes and one small one filled to the brim with Legos.  One is filled with collectable ones that are Warren's but the other is filled with bricks of all sorts and the instructions to the many different sets are still there although you would need a good long time to sort out the needed pieces to actually build anything according to any directions.  I think we build the sets according to the directions maybe once or twice and then let our imagination take over and never looked back.
Warren's son, Grey has inherited the Lego gene and is extremely coordinated in connecting the tiny bricks and can build as creatively as any teenager although he has not mastered the art of following directions, he isn't is school yet so you can see how that would be true.  He is the third generation of Lego maniac.  Viva la Legos!

No comments:

Post a Comment