Monday, April 6, 2015

La, la, laaaa.

I was in the Junior High School Choir.  I sang first soprano.  At the time I had a very lovely voice.  We sang as a whole choir, in Quartets, in Duets and Solos.  We had several concerts and competitions during the year and were required to wear black skirts and shoes with white blouses.  My mother would roll my hair before each concert and cut "whispy" bangs.  Whispy bangs are a few hairs hanging on your forehead, not enough to cover it just enough to confuse you and every one else. 
Our choir was eligible to compete at the state level, so we packed up our choir and off we went.  We did very well though we did not win the overall competition we took several ribbons and medals home. 
That year in choir was a joyful one for me.  I love to sing and always have.  Being with the choir gave me more confidence in my singing abilities.  A small note here:  I sang well and sang many solos all the way into college then contracted the worst case of strep throat ever.  The strep lasted a full year and changed my voice.  I've sung horribly since then although it has never dampened my joy for singing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment