Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mmmm Brownies

My Nanny, my paternal grandmother, and Miss Juanita were my Brownie Girl Scout leaders.  We had such a great deal of fun.  My troop met in an empty clapboard, antique school house at first.  The place was so cool and amazing.  Later we began to meet at Miss Juanita's house.  She raised geese and ducks, had woods at the back of her yard and tons of craft products.  Nanny and Juanita were best friends and great scout leaders.  It was a fun and exciting experience for a little girl.  I learned so much while having so much fun.
Through the years I earned my way all the way up through Cadets.  I sang, camped, sold cookies, hiked and did many other things over those years with multiple leaders and troops.  The first "girl scout" song I learned was at Brownies and it goes like this:

There is something in my pocket,
It belongs across my face,
I keep it very close at hand,
In a most convenient place,
I'm sure you couldn't guess it,
If you guessed a long, long, while,
I'll take it out and put it on,
It's a great big Brownie (girl scout) smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment