Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Update


I am feeling pretty discouraged today.  I had my second EEG yesterday.  It was supposed to be the one that “set me free” I have been on seizure medicines since December and I was so sure I wasn’t having seizures any more.  My headaches that I was having every day that had been excruciating have gone down to about three times a week and are bad but the medicine manages them and my neck, after a little over two months is finally back to “normal” so I have been thrilled about that.  The seizure medicine has gotten my Crohns out of whack but I have been working on getting that back under control.  My Crohns is miserable and so am I!  I have been cooped up in the house for months and this is NOT FUN! 

Some of my head injury symptoms have improved.  I am no longer dizzy so I am not falling down or into things so I have quit injuring myself which is a good thing and I am grateful for that believe me.  In the last few weeks my ability to speak well has improved and I am thrilled with that since I no longer sound like a nit wit.  I am forcing myself to type and speak often so I can improve clear thinking skills.  I have finally re-mastered my ability to read but I still have practically no comprehension.  I cannot understand what I read as yet.  I also do not spell well which is odd for me.  This is so weird.  These issues are why I started this blog.  I have to force my brain to work, I cannot settle for a brain that refuses to work.  A nurse told me that exercising my brain would work in my favor in the healing process; you can bet I am counting on that.  I may be 58 but I am not ready to allow a car accident lessen my brain function, it’s just not acceptable.

My EEG showed seizures again yesterday.  I nearly cried, well actually I did cry, I just didn’t allow myself to cry for more than a few seconds.  That means my 6 months of no driving starts over from yesterday.  This is very difficult for me, I not only do not like being cooped up I have the responsibility of taking care of my mother and I babysit one and sometimes two of my grandchildren.  This summer will be miserable.  I normally watch two sometimes three of my grandchildren and I normally take them here and there.  I will still be watching them but they will be stuck at my house because I can’t even take them to the library or the park.  It is overwhelming for me to be housebound.   I still cannot believe I had seizures yesterday.  They are changing my medicines and I will have another EEG in 10 weeks.  I hope and pray that the next one will be clear or I will be starting the 6 months over 10 weeks from now.     

No comments:

Post a Comment