Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Rocking it

Who knows why little kids do what they do.  I do not know why I did what I did and what I did was to put a rock in my mouth.  My excuse was that I was only about five years old therefore I was still a curious little person.  It was a rather large oval rock.  For some reason known only to the invisible spirits , once the rock was in my mouth I managed to turn it and kind of lock it into my mouth in an open mouth position.  I could not turn the rock back nor could I get it out of my mouth.  I stood out in the yard with my mouth wide open, saliva coursing from my mouth as I could not swallow at all either.  I was so frightened that I would never get the rock out.  After trying for a good while I decided to enlist my parents help.  After receiving a good solid lecture while I drooled a huge pool of slobbery my feet, my parent finally tried to remove the rock as well but could not.  The rock was solidly lodged in my mouth.  After quite an intense conversation between themselves my parents thought that perhaps a dentist could remove my front teeth and get the rock out that way.  I had a bit of fear with that thought, with fear behind me I began to force the rock out even if it was going to take all the flesh in my mouth with it.  I did manage to get it out.  It hurt so bad that I cried and cried but I was not going to have my teeth removed.  My mouth was bruised and sore for a long time afterward.  Needless to say, whatever possessed me to put that rock in my mouth never possessed me to put another in my mouth ever again. Information stored, lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment