Thursday, February 26, 2015

Do you wanna build a snowman?

My medical update for today is that MY HIPS HURT!  This freezing weather is really hard on my arthritic hips and assorted other joints.  The snow however is so good for the soul.  Of course I keep singing “do you wanna build a snowman?” and my answer is YES!  I want to build one as large as I can manage.  I know I will get too cold and wet but I don’t care, I HAVE to have a happy snowman in my yard.  Snow is such a happy thing.  Well at least it’s happy AFTER your loved ones make it home. 
I have to admit that I did NOT like waiting for Rob and my son to make it home.   Rob had to make it down one “mountain” over two causeways and then up another “mountain” for a total of 20 miles and it took him over three hours.  It was not fun for him or I.  At one point they closed the last “mountain” and he thought he would not be able to make it home so he was going to spend the night at the church which happens to be at the base of that particular “mountain”.  After salting it twice to no avail, the scraper finally came and Rob followed directly behind the scraper at idle speed, it nearly killed him to go that speed but he safely made it up and home. 
My son had to make it 60 miles home, he started just as the snow began to fly.  It took him two hours to get home.  He had to manage twisty curvy roads safely and although nerve wracking he did so.  As he said, his blood pressure was just a tad up but he made it home safely.  When he turned onto the main road through our hometown he saw the National Guard helping out with accidents.  The news later reported that that that same road in our city had 44 accidents since the time the snow began.  I am so thankful my guys were not involved in one of them.  My son also said when he turned onto his street he couldn’t even tell where his driveway was.  He was thankful he had put his trashcan out as it gave him a point of reference so he could park his car in his driveway and not in the ditch.
My son in law took three hours to drive what normally takes about 30 minutes to get home from work and my daughter being a woman made sure she had safely picked up her children from the babysitters and was home in time for the first flake to fly.  Ahhhh women, we are planners.  We are wise.
Do you see I built a snowman?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment