Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A-huh, A-huh

Before the seizures and the new medications I knew all the over the counter medications I could take to stave off colds or sinus infections.  With the new medications it has been a bit more difficult to try to stave off this sinus issue that's coming on.  I do not like to go to the doctor unless I absolutely have to, I mean you end up picking up more germs while you are trying to tame the ones you're bringing with you.  So, I called the pharmacy to try to find out what over the counter medicine they could recommend and guess what?  They would not do that over the phone even though I get all my medications from them, I had to come in to the pharmacy to receive any help with that information.  The only problem with that is I CANNOT DRIVE!  It seems that this whole thing is a sort of catch 22.  I wanted to be able to tell my husband what to pick up on his way home from work but I couldn't, he can't get the information on my medications because of HIPA.  Today I had mom take me to the pharmacy and while they do not commit to it being ok to take anything they will tell you that they don't see anything that says it is contradictory.  In other words they, like everyone else in the world, have to cover their butts in case there is a problem.  Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy when you put some medication into your mouth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment