Friday, February 13, 2015

I can sling some Icing

 
One talent that I developed over the years is cake decorating.  It began with Brent’s first birthday.  Brent loved to watch Sesame Street and his favorite “monster” was Cookie Monster so I decided to make him a Cookie Monster cake for his first birthday cake.  I think it turned out really well.
In the picture you will notice Brent making a face, he hated the pine straw  and pine bark at his feet yet he would not wear shoes.  He kept climbing up my side while I was trying to hold the cake.  Rob wanted him to stand next to me for the photo.  It was quite a trick to hold Brent and the cake in place but we eventually got the photo. 
Since doing that first cake I began to decorate all my children’s birthday cakes, then for a few years I actually supplemented our income by making, decorating and selling special order cakes.  I made wedding cakes, anniversary cakes all types of celebration cakes.  To name a few special requests:  An Elvis, a fish, a bald head, a strawberry shortcake and so many more.  I never had a customer that was unsatisfied.  In fact I had a few that refused to cut the cake once it was delivered to them for their party.  They froze it instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment