Monday, February 23, 2015

Dissapearing Windex

When I was cleaning house about 3 weeks ago I was doing my normal cleaning schedule.  I have to take breaks when I clean.  I have a routine, I clean the bathrooms first and then take a break, I have degenerative disc disease and an issue with my left knee so cleaning the bathrooms are a little tough on the old body.  I normally get them done and then sit in a supportive recliner for a few minutes to give the old back a rest before moving on.  I had done my normal routine and had taken my break, I had hobbled from one end of the house to the other and sat for a few minutes then returned to the bucket of cleaning supplies in the hall.  I went to reach in the bucket to get my Windex so I could clean the hall mirror the glass and mirrors etc in the remainder of the house and it just wasn't there.  I looked around and looked around and could find nothing.  Did I leave it somewhere?  I looked on shelves, in cabinets, in closets, EVERYWHERE.  Well, perhaps I am crazy.  Actually, I am certain of that, I just don't think so in this instance.  I walk over every inch of my house several times complaining about where the Windex has gone, I even check the trash.  I sit back in my chair and mom asks what's wrong.  I answer, "I can't find the window cleaner."  "Oh," she replies.  I have been looking for it ever since.  I was not able to finish cleaning the mirrors or glass that day, I had to go to the store and buy more when Rob could take me since I was unable to find it anywhere.
Last night as I was cleaning the glass table top on my kitchen table my mother said to me, "if you had asked me where the Windex was I would have told you that I had put the other one under the cabinet in the bathroom."  Well, #1 I did ask and #2 she has lived with me for over 11 years and in all that time she knows that I keep the cleaning products in the laundry room on the shelf so the children can't get to them. 
I have been running around for weeks thinking I was nuts and here I was perfectly fine and all this time my mother was tricking me into thinking it was me.  Apparently when I was resting for those few minutes she went to the back and saw the Windex and put it under the cabinet instead of in the bucket or on the shelf in the laundry room.  Oh well, all's well that ends well and I am not crazy.     

No comments:

Post a Comment