Sunday, February 15, 2015

Granddaddy & Grandma Powers


This couple are my mother’s parents, aren’t they just adorable?  They are such beautiful people.  The funniest part of this picture to me is knowing that neither of them is over 5’4” tall.  Check it out, Granddaddy is stretching one foot forward so it will touch the floor.  Granddaddy barely made 5’4” and that may have been his ego talking Grandma was only 5' if that.  They were tiny people with BIG personalities.  My grandmother had jet black wavy hair and was beautiful.  I cannot remember the color of her eyes but I remember them being beautiful.  She was kind and cooked like a magician.  She made the best turnovers on the planet, they just melted in your mouth.  My grandfather was a rascal but was the best grandfather in the world to me.  He too was a good cook but he cooked way too much and made you eat every mouthful with NO argument even if you couldn’t you still did.   He loved to whistle and he did so beautifully and nearly constantly.  I remember he was always smiling and quite handsome. These wonderful people are Herman and Hazel.

No comments:

Post a Comment