Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Artist Project

The art project to the left may seem like a bit of a mess at first glance but it really is not.  It may surprise you to know it was a college art class assignment.  The assignment was for us to draw a self portrait using our foot.  I used my right foot and held the pencil between my big toe and first toe.  The artist pad was laying on the floor in front of me.  It was not easy to do but it was rather fun.  According to our Professor he could tell a true artist by the success or failure of the drawing.  As we drew we could look at what we were drawing but we were not allowed to erase any of the lines we made.  The drawing was to have no corrections.  I don't think it turned out half bad.  My Professor thought this revealed I was a true artist.  Perhaps I have an artists soul because at this point in life I no longer have the artists skill.  The name in the corner says "Marte", a nickname I had in college, just for general information.

No comments:

Post a Comment