Thursday, March 12, 2015

Oops!

After having lived in the middle of the desert in Arizona about 35 miles from the nearest boy my age, attending college was a great new world.  I seemed to have a date for every night.  Then it seemed there wasn't enough time in the week for dating so I started accepting multiple dates for Saturdays and then Fridays.  I did very well at first.  I would be very careful to space them out carefully so that I would have plenty of time to be back at the dorm in between each date and refresh my makeup and change if the activity required it.  All was going well.
I lived in Deseret Towers on the Forth floor, boys were not allowed past the bottom floor which was a foyer type area with ping pong tables, sitting areas and the like.  There were stairs if you chose to use them as well as the elevator.  This particular evening I chose to use the elevator.  I had told my date to meet me at the elevator, that was my usual habit.  I rode the elevator confidently down ready for my date, looking forward to it actually and then the elevator doors opened and there stood TWO young men with there arms crossed over their chests both staring at me as the doors opened.  UH OH.  I double booked and apparently they figured it out, not good so I did the only thing I could think of and hit the close door button on the elevator pad as fast and hard as I could and went back up to my floor.  Briiiiing, my phone rang in my dorm room, they didn't leave.  I had to go back down and apologize.  Much to my surprise after my humble apology both were willing to go out with me, I went out with one immediately and the other rescheduled.  Believe it or not I dated both for a while very happily, I was just VERY careful to be sure an write down every scheduled date.  VERY carefully.    

No comments:

Post a Comment