Monday, March 23, 2015

Church

As a young person I was brought up to believe in God and I did so strongly.  I took many opportunities to attend churches and camps and vacation Bible schools.  We had a preacher that lived across the street from us, the family was very nice and I was friends with some of the children in the very large family.  Because I was not raised in any exclusive religion I attended many local Vacation Bible School sessions through my summers.  I have always loved the Scriptures and the Savior.  y parents always allowed us the freedom to attend churches we were interested in from a very young age, probably because while they believed in God they were not consistently active in any church. 
As a very young child I used to walk to Church in our neighborhood each Sunday.  Sometimes I would walk by myself (you could safely do so back then); sometimes I would walk with my sister Vickie.  I recall the walks very clearly in my mind, I have always loved the beauty of the Earth and those walks were as spiritual and uplifting as the sermons I would hear once I got to the Church I was visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment