Thursday, January 15, 2015


This will certainly be a brief update.  I had another MRI on my head Tuesday, both with and without contrast.  I was reminded by the technician that I do not have good veins in my arms as he had to start a second IV when the first one collapsed halfway through his inserting the dye into my arm.  Oh well.  We are looking more closely at my brain (or lack thereof) but I will not hear back from that for a good while.  It could be as long as March 3rd.  The MRI machine was interesting; it was called a “stand up MRI” it is for us poor Closter phobic people, it was better, I have to admit, although I did have to be driven all the way into Birmingham (1 ½ hours)in early morning traffic to the location.  I have an EEG appointment on February 3rd, hopefully that one comes out well so I can drive again in July. My medicines continue to be adjusted and I am just as unhappy about having to take them.  It’s always smart to do that.

I am still feeling like a prisoner but have decided I can get quite a bit done in my house.  I know Robin is going to have a fit but I think I am going to paint the living room, dining room and hall.  I had promised myself I would never paint another wall or for that matter anything again and I am not allowed on a ladder (ever again, per the doctor) but I will have to figure out how to work around that little problem.  Hmmmm.  Where there’s a will there’s a way.  Plus there is about a million things I can get done.  There are endless possibilities really.  Remember I am making dolls and things for my granddaughters for Christmas 2015.  Happy healthing!

No comments:

Post a Comment